Would have been nice to have a decent heads up … but oh well. Apparently todays session with the shrink (psychologist) was the last one. As it turns out, ACC don’t allocate so many sessions, they allocate a timeframe … and apparently that timeframe is up. Did they let me know … No. Did they let the shrink know … Possibly. Have they paid the shrink yet … No. Assholes.
But anyway, with that rant out-of-the-way…
I have to focus on what I have achieved so far:
- That I can walk to the mail box by myself.
- Into the back yard by myself.
- That I can walk to the shop by myself.
- The beach by myself.
- I can walk without a stick.
- I can walk without the breath pacer thingy.
- I can ride in the car.
- I can ride in the front seat of the car.
- I can sleep without medication now.
- I can sleep up to 9 hours some nights.
- The nightmares have minimised.
- I know how to breathe my way through things.
- I have tools for panic attacks that aren’t medication.
- I’m not afraid of my feelings.
- I know how to ground myself.
- I know what I need to do to get my senses ‘un-heightened’.
- I can talk to a stranger.
- I can enjoy things.
- I smile at things.
- I smile at me :)
And there’s more, that I’ll keep reminding myself of over the next few days, so as not to freak out, that my main source of therapy, back up, re-training, life line has now been terminated.